Thursday, July 11, 2013

Black Out

Sleep medication does weird things to me. I had many dreams last night, all very clear and realistic. I remember checking my bank account, and being saddened by the amount of money in there. That’s just a normal anxiety. I dreamed my daughter came home and then she left again almost immediately, which is also a pretty normal occurrence. I remember asking her to stay for her sister. But the main dream, which seemed to have actual dream-like qualities, was a dream of a party. It was a party with my friends, I remember Al being there, and we were having a good time. There was a guy hosting the party, and I was really into him. Like really. I hadn’t really met him before, but I was really digging him. I was talking to him, and things seemed to be going well, and then I did something drunkenly, I can’t remember what, which put him off, and he went off with one of his friends. I was a little confused, but then I figured, party time, and continued to have a good time with my friends. Next thing I know, it’s the next day, and I had apparently had so much fun I blacked out. Al says this guy is having another party, and I’m excited to go, especially since he has a pool, and if we get there early, we can swim. We head over, but I’m got this nagging feeling that I’m not welcome there maybe. Like I did something during a black out that was very not cool. We get there, and I see the guy, and he says I’m not welcome there because of my behavior. I felt like an idiot for getting drunk enough to embarrass myself.

No comments: